What is automated Micro-Needling?
Automated Microneedling (also known as Epidermal Collagen Induction Therapy or ECIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for the treatment of the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and the improvement of the skin’s texture, tone and color. During this procedure, the Eclipse MicroPen® is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to aid in the production of collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance of wrinkles. Eclipse MicroPen® also creates micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing the effects in deeper layers of the skin.
What are the benefits?
Reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, improved skin tone and texture and softer, younger looking skin with fewer signs of aging. Eclipse MicroPen® can improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, acne scars, traumatic scars and stretch marks.
What areas of the body can I treat?
Eclipse MicroPen® can be used on all parts of the body: face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
How is the procedure done?
A sterile cartridge containing 12 tiny micro-points is attached to the Eclipse MicroPen®. Your skin-care professional will apply Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum to your skin and select the appropriate pen position based on your unique needs. Next, in a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered.
What does it feel like?
The feeling associated with the Eclipse MicroPen® is similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating tip makes the treatment more comfortable.
Will I feel pain?
Topical anesthetic will be applied for up to 30 minutes in the area to be treated. This will ensure minimal discomfort throughout the treatment.
How long does the procedure take?
The procedure takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated. Total appointment time can take an hour.
What is the downtime?
Immediately after the treatment, you will notice a bright redness to the skin. The total healing time depends on the pen position used and the number of overlapping passes your skin-care professional performs. On average, patients experience redness for 2-4 days. Some patients heal completely in 24 hours. Utilizing appropriate post treatment products can aid the healing process.
When will I see the results?
Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several weeks. Results can continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
Some patients only require a single treatment once a year to achieve optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart. For patients with more significant skin-care concerns, such as acne scars, it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at 6-week intervals.
Can microneedling be done with PRP?
YES! In fact, results are even better with PRP due to its growth factors to aid healing and collagen production.
How much will this cost?
As # of sessions vary between individuals and we cannot guarantee an exact # of sessions to meet your desired results, cost will vary. Packages of 3 to 6 are available and tailored to your needs and budget.
Is a post-procedure kit included?
YES! Each and every microneedling session will include an AlumierMD Post-Procedure kit. You will be instructed to exclusively use this kit for one week. All other skin products & skin treatments will take a break during the healing phase.
• Fine Lines & Wrinkles
• Skin Laxity
• Rough Skin Texture
• Uneven Skin Tone
• Enlarged Pores
• Acne Scars
• Stretch Marks
• Minimal Downtime
• Minimal Discomfort
• Safe for Most Skin Types
• Natural Results
• Eclipse MicroPen is a Health Canada approved medical-grade device
• Safe & sterile single-use cartridge by Eclipse containing 12 micro needles
Treatment with the Eclipse MicroPen is contra-indicated for patients with any of the following conditions:
• Keloid scars
• History of eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions
• History of actinic (solar) keratosis, diabetes, raised moles or warts on targeted area
• History of hemophilia, irregular blood pressure, tuberculosis, liver function issues
• Susceptibility to capillary ectasia due to steroid use for extended periods
• Collagen vascular disease
• Cardiac abnormalities, pacemaker, blood clotting problems
• Blood thinning medication
• Active bacterial or fungal infection
• Facial melanosis
• Malignant tumors
• History of any type of cancer or suspicious lesions or moles in treatment area
• Pregnant or nursing women
• Taken Accutane or isotretinoin within 6 months
• Discontinue auto-immune therapies and Retin-A/Retinol at least 24 hours before microneedling
• Not recommended when there is active acne, rosacea, or other inflamed conditions or open wounds
• Not recommended during active facial breakouts or rash on the area to be treated
• Allergy to topical LIDOCAINE
• If you received botox or filler within the previous 2 weeks
• Excessively tanned or sunburned skin within the previous 2 weeks
• Use of tyrosinase inhibitors serum may be required to prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, especially on darker skin types.
• Avoid sun/UV exposure for up to 72 hours psot-procedure. Wear a broad spectrum sunscreen SPF40 or more containing titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
• Avoid makeup application for at least 24 hrs
• Avoid excessive exercise for up to 72 hrs
• Resume skin care regime the next day
• Apply Vitamin C serum to speed healing and reduce downtime
*Courtesy of Salient Medical & Eclipse MicroPen.
Please review the following documents prior to your appointment, if possible. This will allow for you to ask questions, to know what to expect, and how to prepare for the procedure. You will be expected to complete a Medical Questionnaire and Consent form at your first appointment. The procedure will also be explained to you.
Post-care instructions sheet will be provided to you. The initial procedure will involve video consultation with the clinic's medical director before proceeding.